Thursday, November 20, 2008

This is Chow Chow blogging...

For a change, Mummy is letting me blog! My guess is that she is greatly amused and influenced by the lovely dog blogs out there and thus decided to let me hold the reins since I'm a big (and good) boy, all of 7th months old now! Hello world, this is Chow Chow, your captain speaking!

See, even my blog template has changed! How do you like it?

Today, I shall blog about my weekly routine - bathing! I don't hate it, neither am I wild about it. I guess the best part of a bath is the aftermath when you feel so fresh and clean. No more itching and scratching! For the first few hours at least.

My Daddy is the one bathing me from now on. It used to be both Mummy and Daddy but Mummy's eczema has flared up real badly (apparently I was part of the cause) and so Daddy has decided to have the sole honour of bathing yours truly! As for Mummy, she can stand around and watch, I don't mind. Most of the time, she tries to make herself useful by holding onto my leash tightly so that I can't escape from the water and from Daddy's foamy hands.


This is a picture taken by Mummy. She wanna show the world how to bath a filthy dog like me.


See how much smaller I look when my fur is wet? So please do not think that I am fat. It's just the fur!


Okie, I know I look horrible with half my face caked with mud. Mud's supposed to be good for the skin, isn't it? I'm actually having my weekly mud facial mask!


I so do not look like myself in this picture! Such a unglamourous shot!


Daddy's cleaning off my mud mask. I hate what he is doing but I better keep still. It will be over before I know it! Just don't let the water get into my eyes!


I love the washing of my belly!


More washing! Daddy's complaining about me going into the mud puddle. He was telling mummy he doesn't intend to bring me to the dog park if I keep jumping into the mud puddle!


Please bring me to the dog park! I promise not to go into the mud puddle...for the first 5 minutes! Hahahahahaha!



Shaking water everywhere,
Chow Chow

7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We're not fond of baths and to get sprayed with a cold hose would be too much to bear! We do love the towel drying part though!
Your blog change looks great, Chow Chow!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Chow Chow!
The new template of your blog is cool!
I hope you get to go to the dog park!
Have a pawsome weekend!

Love and licks
Thor

Lacey said...

Our girl always gives us a bath outside with the hose too. At least we only have to have one 1-2 times per year!

We get skinny like that too when we are wet.

Isis said...

OH noooo not bath time! thats not fun at all!

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

We finally made it over here. We like your blog. Pawtastic.

As for baths we don't like them. You may want to check with your vet about frequent shampooing though. We heard that most dogs can develop skin allergies from that. That doesn't mean Dad doesn't wash us down with water more from time to time though.

Dog Speed,

Essex & Deacon

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Hi Chow Chow!
The new template of your blog is cool!
your blog is fantastic and you're super dog!!!:-))))))
do you like have a bath???
Oh my god!!!we detest it!!!!
so mum and dad to make a bath take us at the river and we washed our fur without help of humans!!!!!
have a fantastic week!!!!
Slobbers!!!!

Molly the Airedale said...

We would LOVE to send you a pay it forward giftie, Chow Chow! You'll need to send us your address, okay?
maggiesue710 at yahoo dot com

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Please sign my guestbook!