Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Treats: Mini Surf & Turf Pumpkin Sandwiches

Never judge a treat by its looks.


Sorry about this horrible picture. These are actually the Mini Surf & Turf Pumpkin Sandwiches which Mummy baked for me. They looked totally gross, especially with the egg mixture gooing and flowing out like that. BUT they are exceptionally yummy! How so? Just have a look at the recipe!

Sandwich thinly sliced pork and salmon with two thin slices of pumpkin. Coat it with an egg mixture and bake it at 220 for half an hour.

I wish Mummy would make more of this for me but she said fanciful baked treats like these are actually not that ideal cos she is totally sold on the idea of rawfeeding. So instead of baking those pork and salmon, she will just feed them raw to me. But not to worry, there will still be baked treats for me, just that it would be simple fare like oven-dried beef jerky which is just as irresistible!

::

For my raw diet today:
One piece of pig ear
192g of pork thigh meat
Half a huge piece of pork maw

4 comments:

ThePainterPack said...

Yummy! Makes me hungry!! Eat one for me!! Or two!

Mya Boo Boo

Lorenza said...

Who cares how they look if the are tasty!
My mom needs to learn how to make beef jerky!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Huskee and Hershey said...

Yummy... **wipes away drool**
Chow Chow, we may be going to WCDR tomorrow mornimg (if the 2-legged folks can wake up after the New Year pawty tonight.. heehee).. You going?
Your mom bakes the yummiest treats.. let the old dog (Huskee) share with you one piece of advice, it does not matter how the treat looks, what's impawtant is how it tastes.. Heehee....

Dino and Family said...

Those pumpkin treats look really yummy to me! I bet they tasted heavenly too! Be careful of raw salmon, I think I read somewhere that it is dangerous for us. Mom does not feed me raw pork because she read about worms in it, but she may be wrong! I just eat boring raw chicken and cooked lamb occasionally. Love, Dino

Please sign my guestbook!